Professional Institute of Medical Excellence, gives an excellent opportunity to have a strong grip on all clinical subjects the knowledge of which will make you a complete doctor. Having a complete understanding of each of these subjects is a pre-requisite for preparation of...
Warning: file_get_contents(https://www.google.com/finance/converter?a=900.00&from=INR&to=USD) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden
in /home/content/13/8962713/html/includes/ip-country-currency.php on line 69
Become an affiliate and get this pack for free
highlights of the pack
|Total Databank Questions
|Questions per test
||50 Questions / Test
||NEET-PG, AIIMS, PGI, JIPMER, USMLE, PLAB (MRCP), FMGE
|Explanations for MCQ's
about the pack
Professional Institute of Medical Excellence, gives an excellent opportunity to have a strong grip on all clinical subjects the knowledge of which will make you a complete doctor. Having a complete understanding of each of these subjects is a pre-requisite for preparation of any competitive examination such as NEET-PG, FMGE, AIIMS, USMLE etc.. Excellent grip on these subjects can help you cut the ice. PIME helps analyzing your learnt knowledge on the subject and helps lay a wonderful platform for your medical knowledge understanding and career in the long run, the importance of which can only be realised at a later stage.
Every time a mock test is taken a set of 50 questions will be displayed on the screen. The questions are selected intelligently by the system so that there is minimum repetition and the doctor sees questions which he/she has not attempted / wrongly attempted before. As we have a huge database (continuously growing) the possibility of repeat questions is minimum.
Surgery is an ancient medical specialty that uses operative manual and instrumental techniques on a patient to investigate and/or treat a pathological condition such as disease or injury, or to help improve bodily function or appearance. General surgery usually covers everything but the “brain, bones, and heart.” Some of the common general surgeries a surgeon performs involve procedures to treat conditions and problems like:
- Abnormalities or defects (either congenital – those children are born with – or acquired – ones that develop over time) of the abdominal wall, chest wall, endocrine system (glands), gastrointestinal tract, lungs, head& neck
- Abscesses, lesions, and burns on the skin and soft tissue
- Appendicitis, Peritonitis
- Gastrointestinal conditions (such as gastro esophageal reflux, inflammatory bowel disease, gallbladder disease)
- Endocrine problems (like thyroid/parathyroid conditions)
- Newborn (neonatal) surgical conditions (to repair defects and treat problems like pyloric stenosis, intestinal malrotation, and necrotizing enterocolitis)
- Trauma, Tumors or cosmetic – commonly for Obesity (bariatric / lap band surgery)
Minimally invasive procedures, including robotic surgery, endoscopic surgery, micro surgeries and “open surgery”, which requires larger “open” incisions- can be performed using the patient’s natural openings (like the mouth and throat) or through tiny incisions an inch or smaller.. Fast development in the medical bio-technology has resulted more usage of minimal invasive procedures such as laparoscopes, use of laser, gamma knife or Robotic surgery which makes use of a surgical robot, such as the Da Vinci or the Zeus surgical systems, to control the instrumentation under the direction of the surgeon. Many surgical interventions are being replaced by endoscopic procedures like interventional cardiology, interventional gastroenterology and likewise interventional neurology. And that means shorter hospital stays, quicker recovery times, less pain and discomfort, reduced chance of infection and bleeding, as well as much smaller scars.
- 8800+ multiple choice questions with one single best answer or questions with more than one correct answer like false true type of MCQs, extended medical questions – EMQ and case studies OSCE on this intriguing subject touching the topics like surgical procedures, system wise surgical disorders, differential diagnosis and its applications in first aid, OPD clinics, Indoor care, emergency and critical intensive Units and domiciliary nursing care set ups.
- Throughout world – the second best option to treat a disease is surgery. Many disorders are not subject to medical treatments and in others once a medical therapy fails – one has to opt for surgical intervention. The art of surgery with the basic knowledge of anatomy and intensive care medicine is practiced in all the fields of medicine; thus forming an important part of medical graduation learning; in all the PG entrance, residency programs. This is about 15 % data of objective examination relates to this subject and its applications.
- The knowledge on this subject is of great importance for all doctors particularly concerning Family Practices at primary levels and Indoor – Critical care at the secondary and or tertiary levels. The knowledge of this specialty is of immense use for General Surgeons, and particularly to all its sub-specialties.
- The topics covered include Clinical Skills and Investigations, Perioperative Care, Management of Acute Surgical Illness and Trauma, General Surgery of Abdomen Wall, Esophagus, GIT Tract, Liver, Gall Bladder , Pancreas, Spleen, Appendix, Colon, Rectum, Salivary Glands and Hernias, Disorders of Breast, Cardio Vascular and Pulmonary Surgery, Neuro Surgical Interventions, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Genito Urinary Disorders, Principals of Transplantation, Surgical Conditions in Neonates, Infants and Children, Trauma and Burns, Surgical Infections, Pain and Surgery, Oncology Surgery, Endocrinal Surgery, Transfusion of Blood and Blood Products, Surgical Complications and Rehabilitation, Shock.