PGI Revision and Mock Test Series:
One requires a lot of practice to clear competitive exams such as PGIMER, Chandigarh. PIME provides a wonderful platform for comprehensive revision tests for PGIMER and provides you real time PGIMER mock tests with the same number...
Become an affiliate and get this pack for free
highlights of the pack
|Total Databank Questions
|Questions per test
||50 Questions / Test
||NEET-PG, AIIMS, PGI, JIPMER, USMLE, PLAB (MRCP), FMGE
|Explanations for MCQ's
about the pack
PGI Revision and Mock Test Series:
One requires a lot of practice to clear competitive exams such as PGIMER, Chandigarh. PIME provides a wonderful platform for comprehensive revision tests for PGIMER and provides you real time PGIMER mock tests with the same number of questions and pattern as the real PGIMER exam. In addition we provide explanation for each and every answer and an immediate result. PGIMER exam is a little tricky as multiple options can be correct for a given question. The PIME team specializes in PGIMER, Chandigarh as we leverage the experience of our ex-PGIMERs for the designing of this module.
The mock tests are designed in such a manner that a set of 250 questions is displayed on the screen every time a doctor takes a test. The questions are selected intelligently by the system so that there is minimum repetition and the doctor sees questions which he/she has not attempted / wrongly attempted before. As we have a huge database (continuously growing) the possibility of repeat questions is minimum.
PGI Exam Overview:
PGIMER Chandigarh - Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh conducts all India Entrance Exams for admission into different medical courses and allied disciplines. Besides conducting written, the institute also conducts interviews for admission, though admission criteria varies depending upon number of applicants per course.
PGIMER Chandigarh is one of the institute of national importance in medical education and patient care known for its ground breaking research and excellent healthcare services. The institute was conceived in 1960 as a centre of excellence, which would endeavour to develop patterns of teaching in postgraduate medical education in as many branches as possible and attempt to produce specialists in several disciplines of medicine.
The Institute owes its inception to the farsightedness of Sardar Partap Singh Kairon, the then Chief Minister of Punjab (1960) and the distinguished medical educationists of the then combined State of Punjab supported by the first Prime Minister of India, Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru who considered the institutions of scientific knowledge as temples of learning and the places of pilgrimage.
It provides doctorate of medicine in the following fields: Anesthesia, Bio-Chemistry, Community Medicine, Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, Medicine, Microbiology, Nuclear Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Radio-diagnosis, Pathology, Pharmacology, Radiotherapy, Transfusion Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Surgery, Orthopedics, Otolaryngology, Ophthalmology, Cardiology, Endocrinology, Nephrology, Neurology, Pulmonary and critical care medicine, Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Neonatology
PGI Test Length and Format:
Applications are invited through countrywide advertisement in leading newspapers usually during September/October and March/April for the January and July session respectively. The entrance examination is held in December for the January session and in the June for July session. Candidates are assessed at a formal entrance-test on the basis of a suitably designed Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type paper. For candidates appearing for MD/MS entrance examination, the paper consists of 250 questions pertaining to subjects studied during the MBBS course viz. Every question can have one or more than one option as the correct answer. The subject bifurcation is as follows:
- Medicine and Surgery (36 questions each)
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology (18 questions),
- Paediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, ENT and Applied Biochemistry (12 questions each),
- (6 questions) each in Anatomy, Forensic Medicine, Dermatology, Anaesthesia, Physiology, Psychiatry, Social & Preventive Medicine, Radio diagnosis and Radiotherapy.
The examination is of three hours duration and there is negative marking. The assessment is objective and free of human bias and subjectivity. The result of the entrance examination is declared within 24 hours and is computerized. Attempting PGI entrance exam needs a through basic themic knowledge with a grip on the subject; such like in MRCP, MRCS, USMLE examinations.
PGI Eligibility Criterion for MD/MS Courses:
To be eligible for admission to MD/MS course in PGI, a candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Candidates should have passed MBBS degree from recognized medical college to become eligible for admission to post graduate Medical courses.
- Candidates who have obtained registration from state Medical Council or Medical council of India are also eligible for appearing in PGIMER.
- Students who are yet to complete their internship can also apply for PGIMER provided they produced the certificate from Dean of the college about the completion of internship at the time of admission.
- Candidates who would like appear for DM courses should have passed MD degree in medicine or pediatrics.
- The candidates may apply in the form downloadable at http://pgimer.nic.in together with requisite fee by Challan in the name of Director, PGI through Account - 32211613319
- Application fee is Rs 1000/- for General/OBC/OPH category and Rs 800/- for SC/ST
- The application complete in all respects accompanied with all the relevant documents should reach the Registrar, PGI, Sector-12, Chandigarh on or before the closing date
- Foreign Nationals: The Institute accepts foreign nationals for various courses imparted at the Institute. For MD/MS courses, some seats are reserved while for Post Doctoral DM/M.Ch. (Super-specialty) courses, there is no reservation. A good working knowledge of English is essential. The foreign nationals are required to apply through the Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, New Delhi. They are also required to appear and qualify entrance examination along with the other candidates. Separate merit list is prepared for only MD/MS
The information shared on this page is taken from the official PGI website www.pgimer.nic.in
Please refer to the official PGI website (www.pgimer.nic.in) for further information regarding PGI requirements, scheduling your exam and the application process.